G
I knew a girl who was almost a lady
C G
She had a way with all the men in her life
D
Every inch of her blossomed in beauty
C G
She was born on the fourth of July
V2:
G
Well, she lived in an aluminum house trailer
C G
And she worked in a jukebox saloon
D
And she spent all the money that I give her
C G
Just to see the ol' man in the moon
CHORUS:
G
I used to sleep at the foot of Old Glory
C G
And awake in the dawn's early light
C G
But much to my surprise, when I opened my eyes
D G C G C G
I was a victim of the great compromise
V3:
G
Well, we'd go out on Saturday evenings
C G
To the drive-in on Route Forty-One
D
And it was there that I first suspected
C G
She was doing what she'd already done
V4:
G
She said "Johnny, won't you get me some popcorn?"
C G
And she knew I had to walk pretty far
D
And as soon as I passed through the moonlight
C G
She hopped into a foreign sports car
G
I used to sleep at the foot of Old Glory
C G
And awake in the dawn's early light
C G
But much to my surprise, when I opened my eyes
D G C G C G
I was a victim of the great compromise
G
Well, you know, I could have beat up the feller
C G
But it was her who had hopped into his car
D
As many times as I'd fought to protect her
C G
This time she was goin' too far
G
Now, some folks, they call me a coward
C G
'Cause I left her at the drive-in that night
D
But I'd rather have names thrown at me
C G
Than to fight for a thing that ain't right
G
I used to sleep at the foot of Old Glory
C G
And awake in the dawn's early light
C G
But much to my surprise, when I opened my eyes
D G C G C G
I was a victim of the great compromise
G
Now she writes all the fellers love letters
C G
Saying "Greetings! Come and see me real soon!"
D
And they go and line up the barroom
C G
To spend the night in that sick woman's room
G
But sometimes, I get awful lonesome
C G
And I wish she was my girl instead
D
But she won't let me live with her
C G
And she makes me live in my head
G
I used to sleep at the foot of Old Glory
C G
And awake in the dawn's early light
C G
But much to my surprise, when I opened my eyes
D G C G C G
I was a victim of the great compromise
Home » John Prine » Kunci Gitar John Prine - Great Compromise
Kunci Gitar John Prine - Great Compromise
Halaman terkait Kunci Gitar John Prine - Great Compromise :
Klik di sini untuk komentar "Kunci Gitar John Prine - Great Compromise"
Judul Halaman : Kunci Gitar John Prine - Great Compromise. Kategori Artis :
John Prine
Disclaimer : Kunci Gitar John Prine - Great Compromise dan media lainnya pada blog ini hanya diperuntukan sebagai media promosi, evaluasi, serta pembelajaran sebuah karya seni terutama musik. Lagu, lirik, dan media lainnya yang menyangkut lagu di atas adalah hak milik/hak cipta dari pencipta lagu, Artis, serta Label Musik yang bersangkutan. Silahkan beli kaset/VCD/DVD/CD/NSP/RBT dan lainnya yang original agar semua pihak terkait lagu tersebut dapat terus berkarya.
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)